Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My thoughts on the next mayor of Atlanta...

The battle to be the next mayor of Atlanta has the city and the kids in an uproar. It has me in an uproar.

I do not live within the city limits of Atlanta. I actually live six miles outside of Atlanta proper in a house located in Dekalb county that will never sale. I cannot vote for mayor so my opinion does not matter but the election results will have far reaching effects on me and everyone who calls Atlanta (proper or metro) home.

At first I thought the idea of Mary Norwood as mayor was promising. I agree with a number of voters that the idea of Atlanta’s first white mayor getting elected in over forty years is refreshing. The election of President Obama proved that race is not a pressing issue when voters are given a qualified candidate. The problem with Mary Norwood is that she is not qualified.

A great article appeared in last week’s Creative Loafing. Read it at http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/our_pick_for_mayor_kasim_reed/Content?oid=1115613 .

Kasim Reed has worked hard to build connections within the city and state that will prove exponentially beneficial to all within and around Atlanta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If she's unqualified, she's gonna get elected cuz there are plenty of fools to vote for her. Pass that link to others so they know for whom to vote.

secondn8 said...

Kasiem Reed will be Atlanta's first single on the DL mayor even thou Bill Campbell was the first he was married while mayor