Monday, June 29, 2009

This year's BET Awards were a...


Yawn… This year’s awards were an official mess. The absolute worst awards ever. Girl, I could have watched Sookie Stackhouse and Lafayette instead! Blah.

But some random thoughts…

Keri Hilson gave the kids Grease, a la Olivia Newton John.

Tyra Banks hair was a mess. I tried to rationalize the disaster and said maybe she wanted her weave to match her hips.


Beyonce, once again, cheated her fans. Looking like the bride of Neptune, God of the Sea, she sang Ava Maria. Halo would have been so appropriate but I can just see this chick being like, I already practiced Ava Maria so that’s what I am going to do…

The greatest highlights of the night, however, were the tweets- I truly laughed aloud throughout the program.

Best Tweets of the Night…
Keith Jones: Did no one tell the extremely homophobic Mary Mary they were on stage with a lesbian? Guess not…

JG
Bey (Beyonce) sounds good. I love it… but has she abandonded pants?

Dees:
BET should have died and MJ should have done a tribute to them.

Kendal B
Is Deborah Lee considered a Cougar or a Mountain Lion?

PatrickIanPolk
How many BET employees does it take to screw up a tribute? Apparently hundreds…

5 comments:

kennyking78 said...

I didn't even watch it, except for catching Janet's excerpt on the Internet. I do, however, want to see Keyshia Cole and Monica perform.

Anonymous said...

Nothing was more despicable than Drake, Lil Wayne & the Cash money posse singing "I wish I could F*ck every girl in the world" with teeny-boppers on stage...

for "hoodness" sake.

Unknown said...

THANK GOD I DIDN'T WATCH...

Unknown said...

Lmaoooo@the tweets. People were cracking me up the whole time. BET AWARDS was HORRIBLE except my bro MAXWELL! The joke about Debra Lee MADE ME LMAO.

Lamar Perez said...

BET managed to yet again serve up a H.A.M. Sandwich!

I was really hoping that Bey would give us something new, she performed in my city the night before and if you have seen her new tour, it was the exact presentation. I still enjoyed it as those around me pouted with disdain