Friday, December 29, 2006

Payment Due for Services Rendered

“There are those who know and those who don’t know. And trust me, you will know those who don’t know from those who know the moment they open their mouths to speak.”
-Larry Dinkins, Friend

Livid. That is the word Larry used to describe my current state of mind after I carefully explained what had caused me to explode into a raucous rant. My cable is off. My internet is off. My telephone is off. And Joe is to blame.

Joe worked for Charter cable from August to October and supposedly he received free cable services (i.e. cable, internet, and telephone). Well, today the services were turned off and I informed Joe that he had to move out by the end of the month. I then wished him a happy New Year.

The lesson in this situation is simple. When it comes to irresponsible people, no matter how much one may want them to change, they rarely do.

In regards to finances, I knew Joe would probably not prove to be responsible in regards to making his financial commitments, but I wanted to help and be there for him as a friend. This was my mistake and paying the thousand plus dollars that is owed on the Charter account is the price that I will have to pay for my decision.

There are not many things that are controllable in life, but whom we bring into our lives is one of the things we can control.

The homes we keep, much like our lives, are not meant to be open to everyone. And an old adage could rarely ring so true: The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

No comments: