Thursday, January 29, 2009

Can you keep up?


This week I was only able to get to the gym once! I feel like I am drowning… in a sea of work and beautiful men. All around the ATL, muscle bound, thirtysomething Adonises are everywhere and I cannot keep up.

With no wife or kids at home, most gay men are able to spend an hour to two in the gym each day. I work… two jobs. I teach every day, from 8 until 4 and at least two nights a week, sometimes three, I teach from 6 until 10.

This week, I had work commitments every single night of the work. I realize that during the school year, I do not have time for the gym.

When I tell my beautiful friends this, they begin to rearrange my day.

The gym simply does not fit into my schedule and unfortunately, I don’t think I will fit in a size 32 much longer.

6 comments:

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

So what do you do on the weekends? I find the gym full of hot bodies from 11am to 2pm getting their bodies ready for the evening's festivities. As for the not being able to fit into a size 32, I'm sure you can do some crunches at home before going to bed. LOL!!

Keith Jones said...

I suggest a healthier diet since you wont be able to make it to the gym. How about the weekends to work out. All you really need is a good cardio workout to maintain and depending on what your goal is hit a few weights.

Anonymous said...

Well mornings are the best if you have a busy day. If your excuse is you can not get up then you are not really that serious.

deonte' k said...

Yeah try to get into a much healthier diet. And just try to do some at home work outs before bed. Like some sit ups, and push ups until, ur able to hit the gym like normal.

Q said...

Oh sweetheart, just throw up like I do...

KIDDING!

iKensington said...

Try a plant based diet. Get into the habits of choosing foods wisely...read the nutrition labels on everything. Keep a running estimate of what your calorie intake is...and find creative excercises in everday life. Walk more, do some dancing to a fave Beyonce song...get ya life!