Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Resist!


I survived my first major temptation today! While heading home from work, I was starved. For breakfast I had a caramel macchiato (with soy), a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup (I have a slight cold) for lunch and a pear as a snack. I was doing well, but suddenly, out of the pits of hell, I started craving a peppermint milkshake from Chik-fil-a.

This was not a regular craving- something like a nice thought about a milkshake. It was an intense craving for a tall, sugary ice-cold creamy shake. I resisted.

After making it home, I had a glass of grapefruit juice instead.

-Until grapefruit juice tastes like a milk shake,
Corey Keith

10 comments:

lc said...

lol. thats wassup. discipline. good job!

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Oh Lawd. Let me tell you, those damn milkshakes are like crack for real. Good as hell. I'll be glad when they get rid of them.

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

im sure that caramel macchiwhatever was just as bad as that milkshake

Acoustic Soul said...

Shows you have will power! Good job!

Kyon Saucier said...

Good luck with the diet love.

Anonymous said...

Stay strong!!!

I am following Oprah this week and plan on logging in to her afterhours forum beginning on the 14th.

I am following the whole Best Life Ever mantra as well only because I think it is pertinent for where I am right now. I am making a few concessions though.

For me to have MY best life ever I have to hold on to a couple of things that still bring me joy.

I have learned that life is about moderation!

Also, if you do ever break down and get that milkshake, don't sweat it... just know that you will have to spend longer on the treadmill the day after!

Ain't no shame in that game!

Turn me up a lil said...

get it together Corey!

Q said...

Awww baby, have yourself a shake. You should have also gotten a number one with an extra waffle fry. It's ok to eat like that at Chik fil A, they're religious...You know they be closing on Sunday, lol...

@GaryTylone said...

LoL@ Q...Those milkshakes are damn good tho !

deonte' k said...

LOL, relax relate and release lol. ;)

glad u were able to overcome that milkshake buddy lol.